Edify Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
|Qualification title:||Edify Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology|
|Qualification type:||Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/4781/8|
|Progression routes:||The EDIFY Level 5 Diplomas in IT; the second year of undergraduate study in Computer Science, Information Technology or related; or directly into employment in an associated profession.|
|Availability:||UK and international|
The rationale for the qualification is that it provides a career path to those who aspire to develop a broader base of knowledge and skills that should provide them a bright chance to acquire superior roles in the Information Technology (IT) industry, notably in Computer Programming, Website Designing and Operating System Maintenance. The technical skills and knowledge delivered through the successful achievement of the qualification are required and recognized internationally.
The diploma is accredited at Level 4 and has a total equivalence of 120 credits.
- Information Technology and IT Ethics
- Mathematics and Statistics for IT
- PC Maintenance and Operating Systems
- Computer Graphics Editing and Database Concepts
- Logical IT Networking
- Physical IT Networking
- Web Programming
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Programming Concepts and Java for Android Programming
- To understand and apply the principles of IT in a range of business environments
- To understand and apply the principles in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship
- Between management theories and their practical application in the IT world
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Effective use of verbal and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
Entry to the qualifications will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- Demonstrated some ability and possess qualifications at Level 3, for example ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards;
- Spent reasonable time in an organization setup.
- Seeking further professional development and to gain work related skills and expertise.